PLATO members are invited to submit original works of poetry, fiction, nonfiction (including essays), and/or visual art (painting, drawing, sculpture, photography) for PLATO’s The Agora Volume 6 scheduled for publication in June 2019. Submissions will be reviewed by jury panels appointed by The Agora Editorial Board, and decisions announced in April of 2019.
1. All submissions must be received by 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, February 28, 2019.
2. Any current PLATO member may submit material for consideration.
3. Submissions must be original, unpublished work, and not infringe on any copyright.
4. PLATO members are encouraged to submit in one or more categories (poetry, fiction, nonfiction, visual arts) up to a total of three pieces.
5. Each submission must include a cover sheet with the member’s name, address, email address, phone number, and genre of submission. Cover sheets are available at platomadison.org under Publications/Agora, or from the PLATO Administrative Assistant, Edie Urness-Pondillo at email@example.com
6. Submissions will undergo blind review, therefore the contributor’s name should appear on the cover sheet only. The PLATO Administrative Assistant will enter the contributor’s identifying information in the submission database. Blinded copies will be made available to The Agora Editorial Board for distribution to the jury panels for blind review.
7. Poetry, fiction, and nonfiction works of up to 2,000 words per submission should be double-spaced in Microsoft Word format and submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not submit in pdf format, in Apple Pages or in Google Docs.
8. Visual arts submissions should be emailed to email@example.com in digital format: .jpg preferred, although .tiff is acceptable, and 300 dpi. Do not send original artwork.
9. All submissions will be acknowledged via email.
10. The Agora Editorial Board is not responsible for materials that may be lost in the submission process. Therefore, submitters are advised to retain copies of all work submitted.
11. If you wish to withdraw your submission from consideration, please notify Administrative Assistant Edie Urness-Pondillo at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.