The Agora, Volume 5 (2017) - Submission Information
The Editorial Board of The Agora invites you to submit your creative work - poetry, fiction, nonfiction, visual art - for consideration for publication in Volume 5 of The Agora, to be published in the fall of 2017.
Submissions are due by February 1st, 2017. The Agora is a juried publication; jury selections will be announced in March, 2017.
Questions about submitting your work may be directed to Patricia Becker or the PLATO Office (262-5823).
The Agora, Volume 5, 2017 - SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
PLATO members are invited to submit original works of poetry, fiction, nonfiction (including essays), and/or visual art (painting, drawing, photography) for PLATO’s The Agora Volume 5, scheduled for publication in September 2017. Submissions will be reviewed by jury panels appointed by The Agora Editorial Board, and decisions announced in early March of 2017.
1. All submissions must be received by 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, February 1, 2017.
2. Any current PLATO member may submit material for consideration.
3. Submissions must be original, unpublished work, and not infringe on any copyright.
4. PLATO members may submit up to three pieces, from one or more of the genres.
5. Each submission must include a Cover Sheet with the member’s name, address, email address, phone number, and genre of submission. Cover sheets are available at platomadison.org under Publications/Agora, or from the PLATO Office (email: email@example.com; ph: 262-5823)..
6. Submissions will undergo blind review, therefore the contributor’s name should appear on the Cover Sheet only. The PLATO staff will enter the contributor’s identifying information in the submission database. Blinded copies will be made available to The Agora Editorial Board for distribution to the jury panels for blind review.
7. Poetry, fiction, and nonfiction submissions should be in Microsoft Word or Apple Pages format and submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not submit in pdf format.
8. Visual arts submissions should be emailed to email@example.com in digital format: .jpg preferred, although .tiff is acceptable, and 300 dpi. Do not send original artwork.
9. All submissions will be acknowledged via email.
10. The Agora Editorial Board is not responsible for materials that may be lost in the submission process. Therefore, submitters are advised to retain copies of all work submitted.
11. If you wish to withdraw your submission from consideration, please notify PLATO Office Coordinator Louise Fowler (firstname.lastname@example.org; 262-5823) as soon as possible.