This committee provides advice and counsel to the Treasurer concerning the development and oversight of the PLATO budget and expenditures, other financial activities, and business functions and initiatives. The Treasurer, President, and President-Elect will serve on the committee as ex officio members. Additional committee members will be selected by the Treasurer in consultation with the ex officio members.
The Finance Committee is responsible for :
1. Reviewing and monitoring PLATO financial statements on a quarterly basis.
2. Participating in the development of the annual budget each spring.
3. Reviewing the annual federal and state tax returns prior to their submission.
4. Discussing and making recommendations about PLATO Fund management issues.
5. Reviewing detailed PLATO general ledger documents on a quarterly basis.
6. Participating in financial planning for new PLATO initiatives.
7. Making recommendations about dues increases and amounts.
8. Providing advice and counsel to the Treasurer in the development of the Memorandum of Agreement with UW-Madison.
9. Performing other duties as needed to further the financial and business interests of PLATO.