About our Trip:
Join us as we drive drive through the driftless area of Wisconsin and learn about the lives of the Old Order Amish in the Cashton, Wisconsin area.
We will stop for lunch near Sparta at a farm-to-table restaurant with fresh and excellent food and is included with your registration fee.
Then we will have our professional guide join us on the bus for visits to the following Amish businesses:
- Quilt Shop - on a farm,
- Bakery - on a farm,
- Furniture manufacturer - in production.
- Cheese factory - we will see a live streaming of the workings of the factory - regulations prevent us from actually walking through the factory. Here we will each receive a small bag of fresh cheese curds.
- Down a Country Road Shops: we will spend 45 minutes here for a rest room break and a chance to view products from 50 Amish family industries. In order to visit the farms directly, the local bishop insists that we must make this stop.
We will return home via Highway 14 so that we can stop at Peck's Farm Store in Spring Green for those who might like to bring home some fresh locally grown apples.
About the Local Guide:
Our local guide has lived on farms in this area for half a century and has written two books about the Amish, so she is very well versed in their way of life and will be able to relate a lot of information about their culture and history.
Bear in mind that our boarding bus route is like Madison Metro or any other municipal bus service. Please arrive early at your boarding stop so you don’t miss the bus. When everyone is aboard and seated, we leave.
– Don’t be late. We can wait just 5 minutes at any one location.
– Pack water bottles and snacks for sustenance on the journey.
8:10 AM Begin boarding Oakwood
8:15 AM Depart for Capitol Lakes
8:35 AM Begin boarding at Capitol Lakes
9:00 AM Begin boarding East Towne Sears
9:10 AM Depart for Cashton
Return to Madison (Estimate)
3:30 PM Board Bus for Madison
We will have time to stop at Peck's Farm Store in Spring Green to shop for fresh locally grown Apples..
6:30 PM Arrive at Oakwood Village West
6:45 PM Arrive at Capitol Lakes
7:00 PM Arrive at East Towne Sears
Accessibility Policy: On the Bus, you must be able to climb steps to board and exit the bus.
Non-Member Policy: Members must register their guests. Each PLATO member is entitled to bring one non-member guest per bus trip. (Members may bring more than one guest near the registration Deadline Date if seats are available. Check with trip organizer.) Non-member guests pay an additional $15.00 registration fee. PLATO Membership is $60.00/year.
Mail-In Registration Form (includes instructions):PLATO Members Form
For further information, Contact Peggy Anderson, the Amish Neighbors Trip Organizer: email@example.com or at 608-838-7255.